The importance of anchor text with respect to a linking strategy cannot be overstated. Back-links are a huge part of the search engine algorithm. When initiating a linking campaign, it is vital that external sites link using the appropriate keywords and terms in the anchor text.
Almost always, linking candidates will use the company name as anchor text. This does not provide any type of description of the target company’s products or services. Sure, it may be great for branding purposes, but it isn’t usually needed. In most cases, companies already rank very high (if not first) for searches that incorporate their brand.
Here is an example using fictional company “Acme Plumbing Supplies”:
Most people will link simply using the terms “Acme”. This is alright, but it does not describe the company’s products or services, nor provide any context. By adding the word “plumbing” or term “plumbing supplies” (i.e. “Acme Plumbing” or “Acme Plumbing Supplies”), you may be able to drive additional traffic that may not have otherwise attained the corporate site.
👉 Web Developer (Angular/Node.js). Full Stack Web Developer.
• Over 10 years of experience in software development using various technologies
• Experience with mostly Laravel, CodeIgniter and PHP
• Experience in working in an Agile environment by being exposed to small to enterprise level of applications
• Marian creates creative, original and personalized content. He likes to write, to speak, to explain, to present, to understand and to make himself understood
• He is capable of operating independently or as part of team, with great organization skill, adaptable to different environments.
• His wish is to work in a company where he can get in touch with new programs and technologies, in order to progress and continue his passion for programming.
About us and this blog
We are a digital marketing company with a focus on helping our customers achieve great results across several key areas.